What You’ll Need
To install Inxhibit you’ll need your own domain name and webspace with the self-hosted version of WordPress installed. You can download the latest WordPress for free at WordPress.org.
You should have received a download link on the purchase confirmation page after making your purchase and in your purchase receipt email. You can also download Inxhibit by logging into your account page. Once you have the zip file on your computer, you can then install the theme using the WordPress dashboard or upload the theme files to your webspace using FTP software.
Uploading the Theme Zip File Using the WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to Appearance → Themes in the WordPress dashboard and click the ‘Add New’ button at the top of the page.
- At the top of the next page, click the ‘Upload Theme’ button.
- You will be directed to select the Inxhibit zip file on your computer.
- Browse your computer and select to upload the zip file (e.g. inxhibit.zip).
- When the upload process has completed select to ‘Activate’ the theme.
Note: If you downloaded your theme files on a Mac using the Safari browser, then it’s possible that they may have been unzipped automatically. If this is the case, then you will need to re-zip the inxhibit folder (this is the ‘compress’ option in OSX) before attempting the upload.
Installing the Theme Using FTP
- Extract the theme from the downloaded zip file (e.g. inxhibit.zip), take care to preserve the directory structure when extracting the files from the zip archive.
- Using your FTP software to access your webspace, navigate to the wp-content/themes directory within your WordPress installation.
- Upload the Inxhibit theme folder into the themes directory, (e.g. wp-content/themes/inxhibit).
- Navigate to Appearance → Themes in the WordPress dashboard.
- To activate the theme click the ‘Activate’ button.
For more information on Using themes see the WordPress Codex here.
Activating Your Inxhibit Licence Key
It’s now important to activate your theme licence key. Inxhibit will work whether or not you activate your licence, but you will not receive theme updates unless you activate your licence key.
- Navigate to Appearance → Inxhibit licence.
- Your licence key was displayed on the purchase confirmation page and also in the purchase receipt email. You can also find your licence key by logging into your account page.
- Enter your licence key and click ‘Save licence Key Changes’, this step saves your licence key.
- Click ‘Activate licence’. You will now receive dashboard notifications when a new version of Inxhibit is available.